What is ITX?
ITX® Original-10 is a premier non-toxic alternative to lead that is safe for all shotgun barrels. Heightened density (10 g/cm³) and molded in 'belly band' for increased lethality.
ITX® Extreme - Turkey Trauma-13
ITX® Extreme - Turkey Trauma-13 Shot: With a density of 13 g/cm³, it is significantly denser than lead. Lead-free and non-toxic, it's the most lethal non-toxic ITX ever created.
ITX® Non-Toxic Shot can return you to your favorite hunting spots using traditional projectiles - whizbang-free! ITX® is non-toxic and has similar characteristics to lead. This means ITX® can perform like lead without harming the environment, or your shotgun.
Backridge Ammunition loads ITX-13 in #6, #4, and #2. Backridge Ammunition can load ITX-10 for specialty orders at this time. Please inquire about available shot sizes in the ITX-10 shot family.
ITX® Shot Features:
- Lead Free & Non-toxic: ITX® Shot is constructed from materials containing no significant traces of lead or other harmful elements. Non-toxic - ITX® Shot is approved for use by the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service.
- 10-13g/cm³ Density: Mimicking close-to-lead density, ITX® Shot will perform with close-to-lead trajectory, while maintaining ductility that will not harm your barrel.
- Toughness: The ITX® Shot is tougher than lead, which results in greater penetration, while at the same time inflicting a devastating pattern for a quick kill.
- Easy to Use: ITX® shot has density, softness and near perfect spherical formation on its' side.
- Softness: Softer pellets - test it with your own pliers! Easier on barrels. More like lead than other non-toxic pellets. Independent testing on the Rockwell "C" scale shows that ITX® is significantly softer than present Tungsten-based pellets on the market. In fact, ITX® falls below the readable scale of Rockwell "C" (the baseline average of this scale is 27.0). Like lead and bismuth, ITX® does not register above 27.0 on this scale of hardness. Other tungsten-based pellets register 29.1 and 31.7 on the Rockwell "C" scale. ITX® is soft enough to crush with a pair of pliers.
- Lethal: Each individual pellet is precisely formed into a lethal spherical projectile with a 'belly band' that enhances lethal wound channels. ITX® Shot provides lethal penetration due to pellet integrity and improved cast pellet design.
- High Density - denser than steel (similar to bismuth shot) for down-range energy and knock-down power far superior to steel shot and numerous other non-toxic materials.
- Stronger - unlike bismuth, ITX® won't break up or fracture during the forces of ignition setback.
- Tighter Patterns - and more compact shot clouds - Each pellet is cast in order to be uniform in weight and dimensions. This consistency translates into uniformly lethal down range patterns.
- Affordable - ITX® is specifically engineered to save you money on your hunting loads while providing superior ballistic performance. This is the first non-toxic pellet to perfectly balance cost vs. performance.